Main | Monday, October 08, 2012

Call Me Saint JoeMyGawd

Last night at Remember The Party here in San Francisco, I was surprised by the Sisters Of Perpetual Indulgence who were there to name me one of their saints. For a second, I actually thought I was being pranked until they asked me to kneel for the canonization ritual and the photographers moved in.
As Sisters we strive to uphold our vows to our community; to promulgate universal joy and expiate stigmatic guilt. While the pathway of a Sister isn’t for everyone, we recognize special individuals living the calling in their own lives through their devotion to public service, social activism, and spiritual enlightenment. In recognition of their actions we give the honorific of Sainthood within the Order of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. The Sisters could not minister to the community without the exemplary support and collaboration with our Saints and in this humble way we thank them for their continued embodiment of service, action and joy.
I'm truly honored. (Top photo by JMG reader Jeb)

Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home