Main | Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pat Robertson Doubles Down: I Regret That You Don't Understand That AIDS Activists Were Deliberately Trying To Infect People Like Me With HIV

"I was asked by a viewer whether she had a right to leave her church because she had been asked to transport an elderly man who had AIDS and about whose condition she had not been informed. My advice was that the risk of contagion in those circumstances was quite low and that she should continue to attend the church and not worry about the incident.

"In my own experience, our organization sponsored a meeting years ago in San Francisco where trained security officers warned me about shaking hands because, in those days, certain AIDS-infected activists were deliberately trying to infect people like me by virtue of rings which would cut fingers and transfer blood.

"I regret that my remarks had been misunderstood, but this often happens because people do not listen to the context of remarks which are being said. In no wise (sic) were my remarks meant as an indictment of the homosexual community or, for that fact, to those infected with this dreadful disease." - Pat Robertson, in a statement emailed to me by the head publicist for the 700 Club.

RELATED: Watch the video for the "context" at the JMG post from earlier today.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home