Main | Monday, October 16, 2006

Big Lug Opens October 24

Alfredo Troche's crazy-fun and long-running East Village bar night, Big Lug, is leaving its once-a-week gig at Nowhere Bar and morphing into a full-time bear bar in its own space on Avenue A. I've been known to drop in at Nowhere for the weekly event and I'm looking forward to seeing what my DJ pals Paul & Damien have up their sleeve for their 80's/electro Where's The Beef? night, on Wednesday's at the new space. Resident Eagle DJ Paul Ferrer, one of my first NYC friends, will take the helm at Big Lug on Thursdays for a deep house night called Trucker. Can NYC support another full-time bear bar? I see Big Lug drawing the younger, cubbier, East Village fur boys, so the Dugout, Ty's and Eagle should be only slightly affected by the new place.

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home