Main | Friday, June 29, 2007

Isaiah Washington: It's Because I'm Black

Fired Grey's Anatomy star Isaiah Washington is pulling out his race card, now claiming that he was canned from the hit show because he's black. Saying, "Someone heard the booming voice of a black man and got really scared and that was the beginning of the end for me," Washington says the real reason he got fired is because he refused to act like a "submissive black."

Washington: "My mistake was believing that I would get the support from my network and all of my cast mates across the board. My mistake was believing I could correct a wrong with honesty and sincerity. My mistake was thinking black people get second chances. I was wrong on all fronts." He adds, "I had a person in human resources tell me after this thing played out that `some people' were afraid of me around the studio. I asked her why, because I'm a 6-foot-1, black man with dark skin and who doesn't go around saying `Yessah, massa sir' and `No sir, massa' to everyone?"

No, Isaiah. You got fired for being a prick on live national television.
.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home