Main | Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dubya's Only Ask

"My only ask was that if his daughter doubted my tolerance to her orientation that I would hope that he would help make it clear to Mary that this is a--I was just worried about--the reason I'd federalized the issue is because I was worried about the courts' defining the issue and that we'd end up with de facto marriage that was not traditionally defined, I guess is the best way to put it."- Our chronically syntax mangled president, speaking to Andrew Hayes in his upcoming book, Cheney: The Untold Story of America's Most Powerful and Controversial Vice President. (via - New Republic.)

So Dubya was worried that Mary didn't like him. As a commenter on New Republic put it, "Although I take a back seat to no one in my hatred of George W. Bush, I think it's clear that he's not a bigot. That's why it is so reprehensible when he panders to the bigots in his base."
.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home