Main | Sunday, February 03, 2008

East Rutherford Giants Win Super Bowl

The Super Bowl was pretty exciting this year, wasn't it? My back is bothering me a bit so I watched the game at home with Shelter Kitty. She liked the team in the aubergine blouses (she's that gay), but I was happy to see the New Jersey York Giants win it. Plus, the Miami Dolphins get to keep their perfect season record. Speaking of which, upon hearing that the Patriots had already trademarked the expression "19-0", the New York Post trademarked "18-1". Snork!

When the Giants won in '87, then mayor Ed Koch called the team "foreigners" and wouldn't allow a victory parade in Manhattan because the team actually plays across the Hudson River in New Jersey. That position would be contrary to Mayor Bloomberg's welcoming stance on immigrants, so on Tuesday the Giants will have their parade along the "Canyon of Heroes", a stretch along Broadway from the Customs House to City Hall.

What was your favorite commercial? I liked the one where the tow-truck driver attached jumper cables to his nipples. Somehow, I can't recall what the product was.

Labels: ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home