Main | Tuesday, May 13, 2008

To Veep Or Not To Veep

The Hill.com asked all the U.S. Senators if they'd like to be asked to be the running-mate. Some of the best answers:

Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho)

“I would say ‘No, Hillary.’ ”

Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.)
“I plan to stick with my current job until I get the hang of it.”

Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.)
“Once is enough. I already have the T-shirt and I’m proud of it. I yield to my colleagues.”

Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.)
“If Hillary’s the nominee, Barack will be the running mate. If Barack’s the nominee, Hillary will be the running mate. That’s my answer.”

Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan.)
“No. I don’t cut ribbons well or give eulogies at funerals.”

Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.)
“No. I enjoy life too much.”

Sen. Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii)
“If I were asked, I would say, ‘You’re out of your mind.’ ”

Sen. Bob Bennett (R-Utah)
“Of course. Big house, big car, not much to do. Why not?”

Labels: ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home