Main | Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Daily Grumble

As I mentioned yesterday, the streets of Manhattan's East Side are completely gridlocked this week due to the UN General Assembly. Notices of street closures have been posted everywhere for weeks, but that doesn't matter to the heavily botoxed woman who at this writing is completely blocking all three lanes of Second Avenue with her SUV "until someone in real authority" arrives to overrule the poor traffic cop who won't let her get to the parking garage of her luxury high-rise condo. I had to fight through the crowds watching her ranting just to get to the post office. It's sort of hilarious in a typically UES way, but I also sort of want to kill her. I suspect someone may beat me to that. I'm listening for the Homeland Security chopper right now.

Labels: , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home