Main | Wednesday, September 09, 2009

THAT Was The Dude I Voted For

Seriously. Fantastic speech.

But we need to put a WORLD of hurt on GOP South Carolina Rep. Joe Wilson for screaming "YOU LIE!" at the President of the United States during a nationally televised speech before Congress. That has never happened, to my memory. Not even when Dubya was announcing the invasion of Iraq.

Rep. Joe Wilson 803-939-0041
UPDATE: Sen. John McCain: "Wilson was totally disrespectful, for this or any other setting, and should apologize immediately.
UPDATE II: Rep. Wilson must have had a look at Twitter tonight, where he is the #1 trending topic as tweets demanding his censure (and worse) flood in. Many are directing people to the Facebook page of Wilson's Democratic opponent, a young former U.S. Marine named Rob Miller, whose donation page has reportedly been overloaded for the last two hours. Wilson has just issued an apology:
“This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President’s remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill. While I disagree with the President’s statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility.”

Labels: , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home