Main | Wednesday, January 06, 2010

TransQuotable - Amanda Simpson

"Being the first sucks. I'd rather not be the first but someone has to be first, or among the first. I think I'm experienced and very well qualified to deal with anything that might show up because I've broken barriers at lots of other places and I always win people over with who I am and what I can do. [There will be] questions like: 'Is this a token? Are you here to do a job or just to fill a quota or appease other people?' In that regard it makes it a bit more difficult. I'm sure I will have to do and intend to do a far superior job than any other person. But I'm sure I will always be second guessed." - Amanda Simpson, the first trans person appointed by Obama, speaking to ABC News.

RELATED: The predictable attacks on Simpson continue today over on World Net Daily, where at the moment the top post screams: "See Obama's transgender 'pick' before and after surgery." The story puts Simpson's first name in scare quotes (as if it's imaginary) and uses the male pronoun to refer to her throughout the piece.

Labels: , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home