Main | Tuesday, May 11, 2010

FL Attorney General Bill McCollum: I Wish Dr. George Rekers Hadn't Been Hired

As our "Facebook riot" continues on Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum's campaign page, yesterday he issued a statement of regret over the hiring of Dr. George Rekers.
"I will not do it again,'' McCollum said, but defended his agency's handling of the case, and steered the blame toward the Department of Children and Families, which he said hired him. "I think our team’s done what it should do,'' he said. "We’ve been defending the constitution of the state and we’ve been representing the Department of Children and Families, who hired him and paid him and needed expert witnesses and he was available and credentialed. I wouldn’t do it again if I knew what I know today but I didn't know that then and neither did anybody else,'' he said. McCollum spokeswoman Sandi Copes called to clarify: "They have paid him but we did select him, executed a contract that DCF approved," Copes said. "We selected him, they paid for him."
Saying you wish you hadn't done something is NOT an apology, is it? On the plus side, once the Florida Attorney General declares that you are now worthless to our enemies, that's a good thing.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home