Main | Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Quote Of The Day - Wale

"One thing I stand for is hip hop music. And hip hop music knows no race, no color, no age, no gender, no sexual orientation -- none of that. So, the most important thing about it is the music, and if it makes the people feel happy, that's what we hear. I will say, sometimes in this business you get aligned with people that don't understand that, or don't necessarily have the same beliefs that you do. And I apologize for not, you know, having my best foot forward to understand the people I'm in business with. And I'm going to do better. As we all do. People we -- everyday we got to get better. So, I apologize on behalf of my team, for not being the way they're supposed to be." - Hip hop star Wale, speaking to the crowd at DC Black Pride. Wale's management had canceled his appearance, claiming they didn't know it was a gay event. Apparently Wale then overrode their decision and performed anyway.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home