Main | Monday, December 05, 2011

WISCONSIN: Openly Gay Man Enters Race For Lieutenant Governor

Wisconsin's Brandon White writes us this morning to announce his candidacy for Lieutenant Governor of Wisconsin. Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch both face recall elections.
Today I entered the recall race against Wisconsin Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch. A gay law student myself, I've been incredibly offended by how hateful she's been towards my state's gay community. In particular, when she was running for election last year, she lied to the voters that allowing gay marriage would lead to people marrying tables, clocks, and dogs. I rolled my eyes at how stupid it sounded, but unfortunately there are many voters in Wisconsin who probably believed her. And worst of all, Republicans like her believe they can spread filth like that without consequences because they think they gay community is powerless to fight back.

Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home