Main | Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Quote Of The Day - Stacey Campfield

"As you may have read I was asked to leave a restaurant in Knoxville because my beliefs did not support the owners beliefs on homosexuality. I had not said anything. I was just standing there waiting for a table when the owner came up and started yelling at me calling me names and telling me they were not going to serve me because of my alleged beliefs saying I hate gays. I said in as calm a way as I could that I don't hate gays and the things I have said were backed up by the CDC. I offered to send her the links.

"I have been quite open and clear on my beliefs and have backed them up with facts from the CDC and others. Unfortunately some people do not let facts get in the way of their prejudice. [snip] The cries of 'Ha ha. we showed him!' fall flat to me. It is not I who lost out. My friends and I still had a good meal. We just gave our money to a more gracious host. What was showed was a lack of professionalism." - Tennessee state Rep. Stacey Campfield, the author of his state's "Don't Say Gay" bill. Last week Campfield appeared on the Michelangelo Signorile Show to declare that straight people don't get AIDS.

RELATED: The best comment from Campfield's blog.
Except, as the owner said, members of your state have multiple places to eat. They do not, however, have multiple legislatures to protect their rights. By refusing rights to gays, you are just demonstrating that you are a homophobic bible-thumper stuck in the past. "They claim tolerances for divergent points of view.....Until someone actually has one."
ALSO RELATED: Signorile interviewed the owner of the restaurant.

Labels: , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home