Main | Monday, January 09, 2012

Romney Spox Denies Gay Pride Flyer

"I don’t know where those pink flyers came from. I was the communications director on the 2002 campaign. I don’t know who distributed them. I never saw them and I was the communications director. I never saw them and I never approved them. I’m not quite sure where they came from." - Romney spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom on the above flyer, which includes the tagline: "Paid for by the Romney For Governor Committee. Romney was questioned about the flyer during yesterday's GOP debate.

UPDATE: A volunteer from the 2002 Romney campaign says the flyers definitely came from his office. (Tipped by JMG reader Dave)
The Manhattan Institute's Josh Barro told BuzzFeed he was a college intern for Romney's campaign at the wage of $150 per month and the task of answering mail to Romney's running mate, Kerry Healey. "On pride weekend, the campaign sent a contingent of about a half-dozen of us to the post-parade festival on Boston Common to hand out those flyers," he said in an email. "The thing was organized by a full-time staffer," he said, adding that he couldn't recall her name.

Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home