Main | Monday, April 23, 2012

Fifth Cativersary

Five years ago today I brought Shelley home from the East Harlem ASPCA. She was 18 months old, very undersized, timid, and FIV+. She's the quietest cat I've ever owned, other than the occasional questioning chirp she rarely makes a sound. But she's also the friendliest. Sit on my sofa and she'll be in your lap in ten seconds. And many times a day she's on her hind legs, front paws on the armrest of my chair, begging for space on my desk. I love when she does that. As I like to do on this date, I encourage you to visit your local shelter and consider adopting an adult cat. At this writing there are 56 adult cats up for adoption at the East Harlem shelter. I'm partial to Cathy, she looks fun.

Labels: , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home