Main | Wednesday, June 20, 2012

NYC OccuPride Organizer Quits

As I reported yesterday, a subset of Occupy SF plans to protest at the gay pride parade. Today the creator of the OccuPride NYC event page on Facebook called it quits. He writes:
I have decided not to march in OccuPride... Go figure.. I created the event and this page! I no longer have any joy left in me to participate in this event after I have spent the past few weeks working very hard on creating it and sending out as positive a vibe of Love + Peace as I possibly could on this page.... I have no interest in protesting and complaining at Pride... If I am going to Pride I am going to celebrate Joy, Hope, Love, and Liberation!! If I have to march with a bunch of protesting complainers on our day of liberation I would rather go to the beach!!
The linked page presently shows 144 people will march with OccuPride NYC. They have an official place in the parade, Section 11, Group 15.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home