Main | Friday, June 15, 2012

VIRGINIA: Gay Judge Appointed

Despite his rejection by Virginia General Assembly, openly gay prosecutor Tracy Thorne-Begland has been appointed to the district court bench.
Thorne-Begland, whose appointment by Richmond Circuit Court judges will begin July 1, told the Richmond Times-Dispatch, “I am humbled by the circuit court’s decision.” “I look forward to serving the citizens of the city of Richmond as a jurist and, over the coming months, I hope that my service provides comfort to all Virginians that I remain committed to the faithful application of the laws and constitutions of Virginia and the United States of America,” he said.
The Assembly is expected to renew their objection when the next legislative session begins.

Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home