Main | Sunday, October 14, 2012

Quote Of The Day - Uncle Poodle

"Things are changing. My husband and I live in Milledgeville because we want to be out in the country. I’m gay, but I’m as redneck as I can get, and we want to be somewhere we can fish and jump on a four-wheeler, go hog wallowing. There’s probably 40 or 50 of us gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgendered people. Around here, they’re all open about it, everybody knows it. It’s not like there’s a gay bar here. We go to the same bars as everybody else, we’re all part of the same community. If there’s people who have a problem with it, they keep it to themselves, just like if I have a problem with them, I keep it to myself. But if you want people to accept you, you have to show you don’t have a problem with yourself and just be up front about who you are. If you do, you earn people’s respect. If everybody would just go on and do that, ignorant people couldn’t cause so many problems." - Here Comes Honey Boo Boo cast member Uncle Poodle, speaking to the Georgia Voice.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home