Main | Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Quote Of The Day - Chris Kluwe

"I love football, I love playing football but at the end of the day, it is a children's game that grown men play. If I can speak out on something, especially something that affects millions of lives and causes young kids to kill themselves - if I can speak out on that and help one of those young kids realize that you don't have to take that step, to me that's worth far more than anything that I could gain from football. I think all that we're asking and all that any athlete is asking, straight or gay, is judge that person by what they can do on the field. Not by who they are, not by what their beliefs are or the color of their skin. Judge them by their playing abilities." - Chris Kluwe, speaking with the Huffington Post.  Kluwe was cut this week by the Minnesota Vikings. (Via Gay Star News)

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home