Main | Friday, June 07, 2013

Stephen Fry Reveals Suicide Attempt

"I am the victim of my own moods, more than most people are perhaps, in as much as I have a condition which requires me to take medication so that I don’t get either too hyper or too depressed to the point of suicide. I’d go as far as to tell you I attempted it last year. I took a huge number of pills with a huge amount of vodka and the mixture of them made my body convulse so much that I broke four ribs. But I was still unconscious. Fortunately, the producer I was filming with at the time came into the hotel room and I was found in an unconscious state and taken back to England and looked after." - Openly gay actor and filmmaker Stephen Fry, who for years has publicly discussed his battle with mental illness.

Yesterday Fry tweeted in response to news coverage about his latest attempt.

Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home