Main | Thursday, July 25, 2013

BRITAIN: PM David Cameron Wants To "Export" Gay Marriage To The World

Speaking to a group of LGBT supporters, yesterday British Prime Minister declared that he wants to "export" his success with same-sex marriage to the world.
Thanking the ministers and civil servants who helped to pass the legislation into law despite objections from the Tory Right, he said: It’s been a real pleasure to work with you and to deliver this landmark social change for our country, which to me still comes back to the simple word of commitment.” He said that he wanted to "export" same sex marriage around the world so other countries could follow suit. He said: “I’ve told the Bill team I’m now going to reassign them because, of course, all over the world people would have been watching this piece of legislation and we’ve set something, I think, of an example of how to pass good legislation in good time. “Many other countries are going to want to copy this. And, as you know, I talk about the global race, about how we’ve got to export more and sell more so I’m going to export the bill team. I think they can be part of this global race and take it around the world.”
(Tipped by JMG reader Huntington)

Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home