Main | Thursday, August 22, 2013

Al Gore On Global Warming

"I think the most important part of it is winning the conversation. I remember as a boy when the conversation on civil rights was won in the South. I remember a time when one of my friends made a racist joke and another said, "Hey man, we don’t go for that anymore.' The same thing happened on apartheid. The same thing happened on the nuclear arms race with the freeze movement. The same thing happened in an earlier era with abolition. A few months ago, I saw an article about two gay men standing in line for pizza and some homophobe made an ugly comment about them holding hands and everyone else in line told them to shut up. We’re winning that conversation." - Al Gore, who has caused quite a stir by comparing global warming deniers to racists and homophobes.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home