Main | Monday, September 16, 2013

Isaiah Washington On "Faggot" Fallout

"After the incident at the Golden Globes everything just fell apart. It literally stopped. Whatever the agenda, whatever the plan was it worked. I lost everything. I couldn't afford to have an agent. I couldn't afford to have a publicist for the crisis management to continue. I couldn't afford to continue. I went from 2 million dollars a year to residual checks. Zero. I couldn't get another apartment after I turned in my lease for my $3 million home. I had to put it in my wife's name. No one wanted to touch the name of Isaiah Washington for three years." - Actor Isaiah Washington, on what happened to his career after he called castmate T.R. Knight a "faggot" on the set of Grey's Anatomy in 2007.  Knight later said the incident gave him the courage to come out publicly. (Via Towleroad)

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home