Main | Sunday, October 13, 2013

Ben Cohen's Third Week On SCD

Here's a review of last night's performance:
Ben Cohen produced a raunchy rhumba on Strictly Come Dancing for Love Week. He won unanimous praise for his dance in a dress shirt and undone bow tie to Adele’s Make You Feel My Love and his performance with Kristina Rihanoff earned a standing ovation. The pair scored straight sevens from the four judges, giving him 28 points an improvement of three on last week’s 25 for the waltz. Judge Craig Revel Horwood said: “I want to love you too my darling. I’m willing you to do well and dance well, and you know what, you did.” On hearing this Ben dashed over to Craig and embraced him, provoking whoops of approval from the audience which included stand-up comedian Alan Carr, another celebrity with Northamptonian roots. Len Goodman added: “It is nice to see a big butch bloke being gentle. Lovely partnering. I thought you needed a bit more hips going on on occasions but I thought you showed your feminine side out there.”
The first elimination episode is tonight.

RELATED: Cohen spoke to The Mirror about what it's like for a hearing-impaired person to compete in a dance contest.
Watching me move across the dance floor on Strictly Come Dancing, viewers at home will have no idea that I am profoundly deaf in both ears and that I have a high-pitched ringing in them. Having lost 50% of my hearing is tough but that is not my issue – it’s the tinnitus that is the problem. The thought of the live shows was daunting and I was worried the high-pitched sound of the band could affect my hearing but it hasn’t. You might wonder how I can hear the music on Strictly but the strongest part of my hearing picks up the low tones, so I can pick up the base of the music pretty well. However, I’ve not worn my hearing aid in case it flies out when I’m dancing! It’s easier for me to hear the lower sounds I need to hear without it. .
Cohen's hearing aids were recently provided to him by Elton John.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home