Main | Tuesday, January 14, 2014

RUSSIA: Actor Ivan "Burn Gays Alive" Okhlobystin Resigns From Phone Retailer

"Given the incessant threats, provocations and insults from the sodomites in respect of my friends, associates and their familes, I have resigned. People close to me do not have to suffer from my public position from which I will never give up. Sodom and Gomorrah must be destroyed!" - Ivan Okhlobystin, announcing his resignation as the creative director for Euroset, Russia's largest cell phone retailer. Euroset and Apple had been the targets of a petition campaign demanding that Ohklobystin be fired after he said he'd like to burn all gay people alive in ovens. Last week he called on the Russian government to criminalize homosexuality, a demand that was immediately endorsed by the Russian Orthodox Church.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home