Main | Monday, February 24, 2014

Arizona GOP Rep. John Kavanagh: I Believe That Brewer Will Veto The Bill

Michelangelo Signorile has tipped me that GOP Arizona state Rep. John Kavanagh, who was destroyed by Anderson Cooper on Friday, has refused to appear on Signorile's SiriusXM show today, saying that he believes the hate bill will be vetoed by Gov. Jan Brewer. SiriusXM producer Sean Bertollo recaps the conversation for us:
I reached out to his office and spoke with Mary. She was to call me back to confirm whether or not he’d join us on the show. She called back and said to me, paraphrasing here, “Rep. Kavanagh is declining the interview.” I said, “Oh, that’s too bad, why…” She said “The bill has been vetoed.” I asked, “Ooh, the Religious Liberty bill was vetoed already?” She said, “No, but he feels as though it will be vetoed and they will have to take it up next session.” I finished, said that was too bad we couldn’t get him on the show, and then thanked her for the time.
Since Kavanagh no longer wants to defend the indefensible, I'll be taking his time slot on Mike's show today. Tune into SiriusXM Progress 127 at 3:30PM. You can listen online if you sign up for a temporary freebie account.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home