Main | Tuesday, September 23, 2014

PENNSYLVANIA: State Sen. Jim Ferlo Comes Out During Hate Crimes Bill Rally

Pennsylvania state Sen. Jim Ferlo came out today during the hate crimes bill rally held at the capitol building in Harrisburg.
“The focus of the press conference was the horrendous act of hate against a gay couple in Philly, but I paused and made a personal statement that I think is germane to the topic,” Ferlo told BuzzFeed News when reached by phone. “I didn’t plan and I didn’t prepare it, but I thought it was an appropriate time to speak about the issue and share my experience.” Ferlo said he’s hasn’t kept his sexual orientation a secret or denied it to anyone, but has never made a public declaration about it prior to the press conference Tuesday. At one point, he told those gathered at the press conference, “I’m gay, get over it. It’s a great life,” WITF reported.
Ferlo has only days left in his term and is not seeking reelection.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home