Main | Wednesday, October 29, 2014

INDIA: Man Charged Under Anti-Gay Law After Wife Catches Him On Spycam

An 32 year-old Infosys engineer has charged under India's infamous Section 377 after his wife used a spycam to catch him having sex with another man. The arrest has earned national headlines in India. Via the Times Of India:
John's marriage was arranged to Lisa (name changed) in November 2013, but the couple lived and worked apart for the first six months. While the techie was posted in the Mysore branch of Infosys, his 31-year-old wife was practicing at a clinic in Bangalore. It was only in May 2014 that John sought a transfer to Bangalore and the couple rented a house together in Malleswaram. Though they had been married for a good six months, John allegedly refused to touch Lisa and did not initiate any physical contact with her. The two even slept in separate rooms, according to the dentist.

"It was the pink lip gloss that first roused my suspicions. He used it every day without fail, and if it smudged even a little, he would touch it up immediately. His mannerisms and interests were also feminine, and whenever I questioned him, he always gave dodgy responses," said Lisa, speaking to Bangalore Mirror. Each time she tried probing, John would silence her by saying the men were interested in discussing 'business'. Numerous suggestions by Lisa that they should visit a marriage counsellor or a psychiatrist went in vain.

"I first spoke to John and advised him to get a medical test done, thinking he did not want to get intimate with me because he was impotent. However, he flatly refused; so I had no option but to approach his parents. Imagine my utter shock when they blamed me for their son not being attracted to me, saying he was 'perfect' and that I was flawed in some way. They also harshly told me to divorce my husband if I couldn't handle him," Lisa recalled.
The man's parents have also been charged, apparently for deceiving the wife. Last December the Indian Supreme Court shocked the world when it reinstituted Section 377, which had been overturned by a lower court four years earlier.

Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home