Main | Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Morrissey Reveals Cancer Diagnosis

Morrissey yesterday revealed a recent cancer diagnosis. Via BBC News:
The ex-Smiths star has recently battled bouts of ill health but revealed the cancer news during an email interview with Spanish newspaper El Mundo. "I have had four cancer-scrapings, but so what. If I die, I die," he wrote. "If I don't, then I don't. As I sit here today I feel very well." The singer started his latest European tour in Lisbon, Portugal, on Monday. In the exchange with journalist Javier Blanquez, he wrote: "I know I look quite bad on recent photographs, but I am afraid this is what illness does to the overall countenance. I will save relaxation for when I'm dead." Morrissey's representatives were not available to comment. The announcement comes after the star cancelled part of a US tour when he was treated in hospital for a respiratory infection in June. He also scrapped 22 US concerts last year due to ill health. His other recent ailments have included pneumonia, an ulcer, the throat condition Barrett's oesophagus and anaemia.
(Tipped by JMG reader Chris)

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home