Main | Thursday, October 02, 2014

NEW JERSEY: Toll Collector Sues State For Being Told Not To Say "God Bless You"

A former toll collector for the Garden State Parkway is suing the state of New Jersey, claiming that she was so devastated at being told not to tell drivers "God bless you" that she was forced to quit her job of three entire weeks. You will be shocked to learn that this bullshit story is being flogged by Todd Starnes.
Cynthia Fernandez has filed a lawsuit against the Garden State Parkway claiming her former boss violated her First Amendment rights. “I was so upset, I was crying” the mother of three told me. “There’s nothing wrong with saying ‘God bless you.’” A few weeks ago she was meeting with her supervisor when he laid down the law on her toll booth language. “He said, ‘I don’t want you to say God bless you anymore. I don’t want you to offend anybody,” Fernandez said. She’d only been working at the Garden State Parkway for about three weeks and from day one she had always greeted motorists with a smile and a “God bless.” “I always say it,” she said. “Have a good day, God bless.” Ms. Fernandez said not one person complained. “People would tell me I’m the friendliest toll booth worker they’ve met,” she said. So instead of complying with the demand, Ms. Fernandez decided to quit.
The Garden State Parkway says Fernandez quit because she hadn't been assigned the shift she wanted. But she had three weeks seniority! They also say they have no ban on saying "God bless you." Which, of course, they should.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home