Main | Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Quote Of The Day - Baronelle Stutzman

"Washington's constitution guarantees us 'freedom of conscience in all matters of religious sentiment.' I cannot sell that precious freedom. You are asking me to walk in the way of a well-known betrayer, one who sold something of infinite worth for 30 pieces of silver. That is something I will not do. Your offer reveals that you don't really understand me or what this conflict is all about. It's about freedom, not money. I certainly don't relish the idea of losing my business, my home, and everything else that your lawsuit threatens to take from my family, but my freedom to honor God in doing what I do best is more important." - Florist Barronelle Stutzman, responding to the $2000 settlement offer made last week by Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson. Stutzman is represented by Alliance Defending Freedom, who apparently hope to turn her case into a federal right to refuse to serve LGBT Americans.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home