Main | Saturday, March 21, 2015

GEORGIA: School Superintendent Comes Out After Grindr Photos Sent To Press

The superintendent of schools in Monroe County, Georgia has come out in a public statement after an unknown person sent explicit photos from his Grindr profile to the local press. Project Q Atlanta reports:
The statement comes as the Monroe County School District and the county sheriff launched investigations to see if Monroe County School Superintendent Anthony Pack improperly used a school system-issued phone or computer equipment as he cruised the gay sex app. In a public statement issued to media outlets, Pack denied any wrongdoing and criticized the anonymous tips that led to the public revelations about using a gay sex site. "Deep personal contemplation, prayer, and a desire to see my spouse as happy as she can be in her personal life, led me to realize that I am gay," Pack said in the statement. "I have tried to privately cope with accepting my sexual orientation as not definitive of my identity, but rather a small part of who I am as a father, a person, and a public figure." The married father of two children said he has and his wife separated four months ago and are seeking an uncontested divorce.
A local television station has a video report here.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home