Main | Thursday, May 21, 2015

Hotelier Ian Reisner Continues Apology Tour, Donates $20K To Fire Island PAC

Per the president of the Fire Island Pines Property Owners Association, the below apology from Manhattan hotelier Ian Reisner was read at the group's meeting over the weekend.
Dear Members of our Community, First I want to clear up that Mati Weiderpass has zero involvement or ownership in the Pines. Now let me state unequivocally that I made mistakes. While my initial intention was bi-partisan dialogue about National & Israeli security, I've come to learn that intentions and outcomes are different things. The outcomes of my actions are that I've deeply hurt our community - and I am truly sorry. In order to help build a stronger community I am taking the following steps: I am renewing and redoubling my commitment as an ardent supporter of LGBT causes. I will continue to invest my resources in the Pines, its cultural programs and activities that celebrate the diversity and acceptance of its community members, so that it always holds its rightful place in LGBT history. To this end, today I made a donation to the 'FIPPOA-PAC' -- matching All funds raised in its last active year -- which supports politicians committed to the Pines and to LGBT issues.  More so, I will be donating profits from my Pines Investment this summer to the following organizations that I have supported in the past: The LGBT Community Center in NYC & The Jerusalem Open House, as well as to 'Equality Texas' which fights for LGBT rights on one of this countries more challenging fronts. Further, I am in the process of hiring a Director of Community Affairs to serve as a liaison with various LGBT organizations and to guide me in better serving our community.
The donation was reportedly $20,000.

NOTE: High season on Fire Island kicks off this weekend. It will be interesting to hear reports on attendance at Reisner's businesses there.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home