Main | Wednesday, June 17, 2015

BALTIMORE: Woman Gets Angry Note About Her "Relentlessly Gay" Yard

So this happened in Maryland:
A woman in Baltimore recently found herself in the middle of a pretty bizarre crossfire when she reportedly received a note from some of her neighbors (or, probably just one who is bluffing), stating that her yard is too flamboyant for the innocent eyes of children. The horrific offense that prompted this note? A line of rainbow-colored mason jars holding the words “LOVE” and “OHANA.” Ohana, for those of you who haven’t seen Lilo & Stitch or are not versed in Hawaiian, means “family.” Dire times, indeed. Julie Baker, the woman who owns the house and yard, was flabbergasted by the note. Baker is a widow and mother of four (the youngest of whom is already in high school), and thankfully, has a thick skin. She found some humor in it (as we all should), and soon enough, her friend Maeve Brigid posted the note and a picture of the yard to Facebook.
Baker has launched a GoFundMe to make her home even more relentlessly gay. At this writing she's raised nearly $2300.
Needless to say... I need more rainbows... Many, many more rainbows. So, I am starting this fundraiser so I can work to make my Home even More "relentlessly gay" If we go high enough, I will see if I can get a Rainbow Roof! Because my invisible relentlessly gay rainbow dragon should live up there in style! Put simply, I am a widow and the mother of four children, my youngest in high school and I WILL NOT Relent to Hatred. Instead, I will battle it with whimsy and beauty and laughter and love, wrapped around my home, yard and family!!! Thanks for your relentlessly gay support! Relentlessly!!!
(Via Christian Nightmares)

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home