Main | Wednesday, July 01, 2015

MISSISSIPPI: County Clerk Resigns Rather Than Issue Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

"I choose to obey God rather than man. I am a follower of Christ and I believe strongly that the Bible is my final authority. The Bible teaches that a marriage is to be between a man and a woman. Therefore, because of the recent ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court, I can no longer fulfill my duties as Circuit Clerk and issue marriage licenses to same sex couples." - Linda Barnette, in a letter to the board of supervisors for Grenada County, Mississippi.

Todd Starnes interviewed her pastor:
"I applaud her as a brother in Christ,” he said. “Her testimony to the Lord is more important to her than serving man.” The Mississippi pastor suspects she will be the first of many to lose their jobs because of their Christian faith. “Political propagandists want to force Christians who do not agree with the liberal mindset out of office,” he said. I asked Pastor Robertson if he was concerned about LGBT activists coming after Christian ministers. His response was rather interesting. “I pray that I am targeted,” he said. “I will use the statement Joshua made many years ago. As for me and my house – we will serve the Lord.” Amen, pastor. Amen!
(Tipped by JMG reader Aaron)

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home