Main | Sunday, January 18, 2009

Washington DC Gay Men's Chorus At Inauguration Concert

In a historic first, the Washington DC Gay Men's Chorus just performed at the inaugural concert on the National Mall, backing Josh Groban and Heather Headley. And they were fantastic. I got all toh up, for realz. These are shots I took off my TV, I'll have video as soon as it's available.UPDATE: Obama gave gay folks a shout out in his recitation of examples of American diversity.

UPDATE II: It's been pointed out to me that the chorus was not announced when they took the stage, nor were they identified onscreen.

UPDATE III: Here's the clip of the chorus. Josh Groban takes the stage first, then the rear panels slide back to reveal the chorus at the 3:00 mark. This clip may not last long on YouTube as the show is owned by HBO.

Labels: , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home