Main | Monday, December 02, 2013

British Olympian Tom Daley Comes Out

After a year of widespread speculation, British Olympic diver Tom Daley has come out. Via the Guardian:
The Olympic diving star Tom Daley has said he is in a relationship with a man. He made the announcement in a video on YouTube to "put an end to all the rumours and speculation". Daley, 19, said he "couldn't be happier" in the five-minute video in which he speaks about his new partner for the first time. He added: "I've been dating girls and I've never really had a serious relationship to talk about and now I feel ready to talk about my relationships. Come spring this year my life changed massively when I met someone and it made me feel so happy, so safe, and everything just feels great. And, well, that someone is a guy." Daley, who won a bronze medal at the London 2012 Olympics, said he wanted to reveal the news in a video because he didn't want his words to be "twisted".
In the clip Daley says, "Of course I still fancy girls."

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home