Main | Friday, September 22, 2006

SF: Day 1 Recap

San Francisco seems particularly well-scrubbed these days. I've only been accosted by grimy, raving, lunatic homeless persons twice. That's about 1/3 of the normal nutter-per-block ratio that I recall when I lived here.

We started the trip with a visit to the Castro, of course, lunching in the open windows of Harvey's. I had the Sylvester burger and boy did it make me feel mighty real. Coffee and cruising at Bearbucks afterwards, as required by law. Oh, it was a weird to find this for sale at A Different Light. After the Castro, I toured Ed and Tim around the Upper Market/Twin Peaks area, dropping in at my old roommate Robert's fabulous house in Cole Valley. Last night we hit the Eagle, where the talent was a weird chick playing Anarchy In The UK on her ukelele, and the Powerhouse, which was its usual riot of excessive tattoos and questionable body piercing decisions. Oh, and we've seen a ponyboy already, and the fair is still 3 days away. We've rented a convertible and today I'm showing the NYC boys around the Marin Headlands and Sausalito. I'll try not to bore y'all with too many touristy SF pics like the one below.

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home