Main | Thursday, January 04, 2007

JMG 2006 Recap - Homoquotables

Here's a recap of some of the 2006 HomoQuotables:

Mary Cheney - "Go fuck yourself."

Elton John - "I think religion has always tried to turn hatred towards gay people."

Ian McKellen - "We've got to peddle the lie that we're all the same so we all buy the same products. That's why they don't like openly gay people on TV. We upset the view that we're all the same.

Armin Mewes - "If you are between 18 and 25 years old, you are my boy. Come to me and I eat your horny flesh."

Andrew Holleran - "The demonic paradox of writing: when you put something down that happened, people often don't believe it; whereas, you can make up anything, and people assume it must have happened to you."

Sean Patrick Maloney - "I'm tired of relying on straight politicians. No one would say to an African-American, 'Don't run; a white guy knows this stuff better than you.' This is a hostage mentality. We've got the numbers and the resources to push the arc of history towards justice."

Kevin Aviance - "You can't keep a good queen down! "

Simon Doonan - "It might take years to get the marriage thingy approved. In the meantime remember that you, as a fabulous person of queerness, are still ahead of the game. You are one of the chosen people.

Frank Oldham - "The epidemic is still lavender."

George Michael - "Are you gay? No? Then fuck off! This is my culture!"

Neil Tennant - "Blog is such an ugly word."

Christine Quinn - "I don’t believe there is any expectation of privacy as it relates to going to a club.”

Charlie Crist - "Marriage is a sacred relationship. Like I had, before I got divorced."

Ted Haggard - "Hi Mike, this is Art. Hey, I was just calling to see if we could get any more.

Mike Jones - "It probably didn't hurt that I am pretty well endowed."

Betty Bowers - "If Haggard's unblinking congregation could sit and listen to such a liturgical Liberace week after week and not realize they were in the presence of someone who makes Barry Manilow in a full-length mink look butch, they really need to recalibrate their ability to detect prescription-strength doses of flamboyance."

Peter Tatchell - "The weakening, blurring and eventual dissolution of the labels queer and straight will be final proof of the demise of homophobia."

Dan Savage - "Have you gotten a good look at Heather Poe, Mary Cheney's partner of 15 years? My son has two fathers, but Heather Poe's left labial lip is butcher than both of us put together."

Paul Barnes - "I can't tell you the number of nights I have cried myself to sleep, begging God to take this away."

Andrew Sullivan - "Those of us who supported this war cannot wash our hands of the blood of tens of thousands of innocents it has now claimed."

JMG 2006 Recap - Gay Culture
JMG 2006 Recap - Bars, Parties, Events
JMG 2006 Recap - Short Stories

Labels:

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home