Now, About That War Thingy....
Nancy Pelosi's pledge to pass six critical bills in the new Congress' first 100 hours has been met in only 42 hours, 15 minutes.
- Recommendations of the 9/11 Commission enacted.
- National minimum wage raised to $7.15.
- Bush's restrictions on stem-cell research overturned.
- HHS required to negotiate Medicare prescription costs with drug manufacturers.
- Federal student loan interest rates cut in half.
- $145 billion in tax breaks to oil drillers rolled back.
Republicans in Congress mocked the 100 hour pledge as a publicity stunt, saying Democrats stopped the clock during mundane House business. Then they passed a resolution of their own. They wished Mohammed Ali a happy 65th birthday.