Main | Tuesday, September 25, 2007

HomoQuotable - Elton John

"It gave me the confidence to join the game. But I wasn't the kind of person who would do one or two lines. I did a gram and then called out for more." - Elton John, talking about his cocaine addiction in an ITV special broadcast in Britain on Saturday. Elton said as his addiction grew, his insane demands grew too. Elton: "I was once staying in a hotel in London and it was really windy outside. I rang up the office and asked if there was anything they could do about it. That's how bad it got."

Elton John performs tonight with a musical guest in the grand ballroom of NYC's Waldof-Astoria in a fundraiser for the Elton John AIDS Foundation. The host for the evening is Anderson Cooper.

UPDATE: Elton John has publicly called on British Prime Minister Gordon Brown to support the G8's 2010 goal of worldwide univeral care for people with HIV.

Labels: ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home