Main | Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Michelle Obama Steps In It

Michelle Obama raised the ire of conservatives on Monday when she said, "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of my country, and not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change."

Hmm, not the best choice of words for a potential First Lady.

Right-wing blog Newsbusters responds:
Doesn't this beg the question, "when did she become an adult"? Yesterday? The question is, will the media pay attention to this gaffe? Probably not much, and that is why the bloggers have to. Will Michelle be this year's Teresa Heinz Kerry? So her husband's run for President is the only thing she has ever been proud of America for? That sounds quite self-centered and arrogant! Nothing? Nothing like winning the Cold War, or feeding poor countries? Wow! How selfish is this? Did she mean this the way it came out? Shouldn't the media be asking?
Cindy McCain wasted no time is spinning it her way: "I always have been and will always be extremely proud of my country. I have led an extremely fortunate life. It was nothing more than that. I am just extremely proud to be an American."

According to Political Punch, Fox News edited out the word "really" from Ms. Obama's statement, presumably to make it look even worse.

Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home