Main | Thursday, October 09, 2008

Daily Grumble

At the Food Emporium by my place there's this cashier who is always, always, over the top cheerful. She greets each customer like she's just unexpectedly run into an old friend. "Oh, hellOOOOO!" She smiles and smiles and when an item won't scan, instead of grimacing and slamming it back and forth across the reader as most cashiers do, she actually seems delighted to type in the barcode. "Allllllrighty!" She kind of unnerves me, but since she always works the express lane and I'm using just buying a couple of items, I go through her lane. Yesterday I was watching her and wondering if years of living in NYC has just made me more accustomed to clerks from the Duane Reade School Of Exagerated Eyerolls. That's all I got.

Labels: ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home