Main | Tuesday, October 20, 2009

HomoQuotable - Elton John

"I made the mistake of not having sex until I was 23! I loved being with another man and felt relieved that I finally knew who I was. I made the mistake of falling in love too soon because I was naive and romantic. My advice to you is to never chase love. It will find you when you least expect it. Have fun, have lots of safe sex and enjoy your sexuality. Be proud of who you are. I made a lot of mistakes. Stay away from drugs, they’re a waste of time. Stand up for every human being’s rights. Be loving, kind and strong. Set an example. You’re going to have one hell of a life!” - Elton John, from a coming anthology titled Dear Me: A Letter To My 16 Year-Old Self.

What would you say to your 16 year-old self?

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home