Main | Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Quote Of The Day - Sarah Palin

"I've always believed that policy should be based on sound science, not politics. As governor of Alaska, I took a stand against politicized science when I sued the federal government over its decision to list the polar bear as an endangered species despite the fact that the polar bear population had more than doubled. I got clobbered for my actions by radical environmentalists nationwide, but I stood by my view that adding a healthy species to the endangered list under the guise of 'climate change impacts' was an abuse of the Endangered Species Act. This would have irreversibly hurt both Alaska's economy and the nation's, while also reducing opportunities for responsible development. Our representatives in Copenhagen should remember that good environmental policymaking is about weighing real-world costs and benefits -- not pursuing a political agenda."- Sarah Palin, in a Washington Post editorial denying the severity of climate change.

Does this even sound like Palin? Who really wrote this? AmericaBlog points out this Reuters story noting that things are actually so bad for the polar bears that they have turned to eating each other.

Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home