Main | Monday, March 08, 2010

HomoQuotable - Sean Hayes

"I am who I am. I was never in, as they say. Never. I believe that nobody owes anything to anybody. Nobody owes anything to anybody. You are your authentic self to whom and when you choose to be, and if you don’t know somebody, then why would you explain to them how you live your life?

"I feel like I’ve contributed monumentally to the success of the gay movement in America, and if anyone wants to argue that, I’m open to it. You’re welcome, Advocate. Why would you go down that path with somebody who’s done so much to contribute to the gay community? That was my beef about it. What more do you want me to do? Do you want me to stand on a float? And then what? It’s never enough." - Sean Hayes, simultaneously coming out to and criticizing the Advocate for its past roastings of him for not doing it sooner.

Labels: , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home