Main | Monday, March 08, 2010

Karl Rove: Don't Talk About My Gay Dad

Even though Karl Rove's stepdad was totally gay, he doesn't like people saying it. From a review of his new memoir:
The attack dog rears his head, however, when Rove deals with questions about his stepfather's sexual orientation. He blasts journalists for raising the issue at all -- in his eyes it's purely a liberal gambit to criticize him for his views on homosexuality. Rove launches a well-honed rebuttal -- a skill learned long ago, no doubt, on the high school debate team -- that comes across as part analysis and part dismissal. "Could Dad have been gay?" he asks, acknowledging that his stepfather had gay friends and volunteered at an AIDS project. "To this day, I have no idea if my father was gay. And, frankly, I don't care. He was my father, with whom I had a wonderful relationship and whom I loved deeply."
The man who invented the GOP's demonizing of gay people as a crass election wedge issue doesn't like it when his own gay father is thrown in his face. Boo fucking hoo. And he knows perfectly well that his Palm Springs-living, Prince Albert-wearing, AIDS-fundraising father was gay.

Labels: , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home