Main | Thursday, August 26, 2010

HomoQuotable - Ken Mehlman

"Look, I have a lot of friends who ask questions and who are angry about it. I understand that folks are angry, I don’t know that you can change the past. As I’ve said, one thing I regret a lot is the fact that I wasn’t in the position I am today where I was comfortable with this part of my life, where I was able to be an advocate against that [strategy] and able to be someone who argued against it. I can’t change that – it is something I wish I could and I can only try to be helpful in the future. But I understand the anger and I talk to friends about it – it’s something that I hear from a number of friends." - Ken Mehlman, telling the Advocate's Kerry Eleveld that he's gosh-darn sorry about those 11 states that passed anti-gay amendments in 2004.

Read Mehlman's full interview, his first ever with the gay press.

Labels: , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home