Main | Thursday, October 21, 2010

NPR Fires Host Juan Williams Over Muslim Comment, Wingnuts Go Berserk

National Public Radio has fired host Juan Williams (who also does political commentary for Fox) after he said on the Bill O'Reilly Show that seeing Muslim-looking people on airplanes makes him nervous. And all of Teabagistan is going nuts.
Williams, who is also an analyst for Fox News, told Fox today that he was not given a chance to defend himself. "'I don't even get the chance to come in and we do this eyeball to eyeball, person to person and have a conversation," he said. "I've been there more than 10 years. We don't have a chance to have a conversation about this." On an appearance of Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor," on Monday Williams, 56, said, "I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country, but when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they're identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."
Williams' Fox News colleague Mike Huckabee says that the federal government should now suspend all funding for NPR.
"NPR has discredited itself as a forum for free speech and a protection of the First Amendment rights of all and has solidified itself as the purveyor of politically correct pabulum and protector of views that lean left. While I have often enjoyed appearing on NPR programs and have been treated fairly and objectively, I will no longer accept interview requests from NPR as long as they are going to practice a form of censorship, and since NPR is funded with public funds, it IS a form of censorship. It is time for the taxpayers to start making cuts to federal spending, and I encourage the new Congress to start with NPR."
Mama Grizzly, who probably can't even spell NPR, see blood in the water.

Labels: , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home